NTL’S Joint R&D project with dedicated universities & institutes
Realizing at earlier stage of our activities that the bonding strength of a board consists of two parts, the resin and the wood, and thus NTL is actively engaged in technological alliances & research collaboration projects with dedicated Universities & Wood Engineering technology Institutes for better understanding the behavior and performance of different wood species & develop most suitable & best suit resin technology system.
- Analyzing wood composition, determination of cellulose & lignin, wood penetration, testing for extractions, (i.e.: alcohols, fatty acids, tannins, proteins, etc.)
- Fiber Modification techniques (FP7 Fibre+Project)
- Enhancement of properties & recyclability of recovered fibers in various wood materials thru thermal & chemical modification, resin treatment, etc.
- Resins for application with bagasse and other annual & fast growing plants, etc.
- Lignin incorporation in formaldehyde-based resins, etc.